Equi-Wrap is an elastic bandage which is strong, provides support and protects the joints to avoid sprains and strains on the ligaments. Applies pressure to inhibit bleeding & flexible enough that when applied with padding it will not cut off circulation. Adheres to itself so no clips or fasteners needed.
• Protects horse's legs from rundown.
• Firmly protects sprains and gives the added support.
• Protects wounds & holds sterile bandages in place without
losing the flexibility.
• Applies pressure to inhibit bleeding while flexing enough
that when applied with sterile padding it won't
• Adheres to itself without adhesive-no additional fasteners
• Conforms snugly around contours that are most difficult
• Accommodates movement without loosening.
• Will not stick to hair.
• Allows skin to breathe through its cool, lightweight,
• Absorbs virtually No Moisture.
• Cuts away with scissors without unwrapping. • Waterproof.
• Easy to tear.
General Bandaging Guideline If you have never bandaged a leg before, ask your veterinarian or an experienced equine professional to demonstrate the proper techniques. Practice under his or her supervision before doing it on your own.
Follow the basic guidelines:
• Remove dirt, debris, soap residue or moisture to prevent skin irritation or dermatitis. START WITH CLEAN, DRY LEGS AND BANDAGES.
• Start the wrap at the inside of the cannon bone above the fetlock joint. Do not begin or end over joints-as movement will tend to loosen the bandage and cause it to come unwrapped.
• A leg wrap has the correct amount of tension if you can get two fingers under it below the pastern and one finger under the wrap at the top.
• Wrap the leg from front to back, outside to inside (counter clockwise in the left leg and clockwise in the right leg).
• Wrap in a spiral pattern, working down the leg and up again, overlapping the preceding layer by 50 percent.
• Be careful not to wrap the leg too tightly creating pressure points.
• Avoid applying the bandages too loosely. If the horses bandage slip they will not provide the support intended and will endanger the horse.
• Seal the opening of the bandage with adhesive tape for added protection.
• Allow the horse ample time to become accustomed to leg bandages before riding.
SIZE : 100 mm X 4.5 m Presentation : 12 Rolls / Box of Single Colour Colours Available : Red, Green, Pink, Neon Green, Yellow,
Orange, Neon Orange, Bright Blue,Dark Blue, Purple & White